– Never pull on the stitching while putting on or taking off one of our garments.
– Before getting on your bike, make sure your garment are on properly; above all, the inner padding and other pressure points. Do not force the stitching or parts of the garment that join together.
– Our cycling shorts are designed for bike wear, which is why your braces may pull excessively if you’re standing on your bike. With our shorts, this pulling will disappear. If it doesn’t, check your size.
– Try to avoid stretching your jersey when you stop to urinate; this tip is for men primarily. It’s better for you to execute this from your stomach area and braces; always lean forward to reduce pressure on the stitching.
– On hot rides, we recommended that you open the zipper on your jersey in order to facilitate transpiration.
– Avoid pedaling besides branches and bushes; this will no doubt damage your garment.
CREAM FOR YOUR INNER PADDING:
With the aim of maximizing effort, we recommend that you use Assos inner padding cream. This cream reduces the friction between your skin and the inner padding and seat, protecting against swelling and sensitive skin. You apply it directly on the skin, a fine layer before a ride should do. Also, after every wash, it’s a good idea to put a small amount directly on the inner padding. This will help the garment’s elasticity, good feel and the anti-bacterial properties of the inner padding.
– After every ride, keep your Assos garments in a well-ventilated place, though the ideal thing to do would be to wash the garment immediately following your ride.
– Don’t dry your garment in sunlight.
– Never keep your garments in a closed and humid place (avoid plastic bags, sports bags, etc.).
– If you tend to sweat a lot, it might be advisable for you to soak your garment in cold water after every ride.
– Every time you wash your garment, separate it from the rest of your wash. This way you will avoid friction with other fabrics and preserve the properties of our clothing.
– Always separate dark colors from whites.
– Before each wash, turn your clothing inside out
– Our garments can be washed in a machine, but always employ the protection bag and a washing program for delicate clothing (max. 30 degrees C.).
– Don’t use softeners or aggressive cleaning agents for the fabrics. Use liquid or neutral detergents (e.g. Assos Active Wear Cleaner).
– Don’t stretch or wring Assos garments, not even to remove excess water.
– Never use a dryer with Assos wear. Allow the clothing to air-dry, away from the direct sunlight.